New Student Orientation
School of Health Professions
Congratulations on your admission to The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and the School of Health Professions!
New Student Orientation (NSO) is a program aimed at providing you, and your family, with an introduction to life on campus, in the classroom, and at UTMB. All new students are expected to participate in NSO either onsite or if you are a distance student, the online orientation program. During orientation, a variety of information will be provided. A companion Proud Parent program is available for parents that will be traveling to Galveston with you for NSO.
The following activities occur at onsite orientation:
- Information about the University and the school will be provided.
- Key University and school officers will be introduced.
- Special attention will be given to the student’s academic program, including academic advisement.
- Information about various UTMB services will be provided. Representatives of the areas will be introduced, and they will provide information about the services offered.
- Representatives from the Student Health Service will discuss available health services and the health requirements that must be completed prior to registration.
- Students will have the opportunity to meet other new students, as well as faculty and staff in their areas of study.
These activities and many other events occur during the orientation period. One of the benefits of orientation is learning where to direct future questions.
For more information, contact the UTMB School of Health Professions Office of Academic and Student Affairs
Don't forget to visit our Newly Admitted Students webpage.
SAVE THE DATES
- Welcome Weekend hosted by Student Life
Saturday, August 19, 2017
Moody Gardens Convention Center
- All Schools Orientation Day
Monday, August 21, 2017
William C. Levin Hall, UTMB Campus
- School of Health Professions and Department Orientation
Week of August 22-25, 2017
- First day of Class 2016-2017 Fall Academic Year
Monday, August 28, 2017