Program Prerequisites for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
To enter the CLS Program at UTMB, a student must complete a minimum of 60 semester credit hours of preparatory coursework. After the completion of approximately two years of clinical education at UTMB, in addition to the 60 hours of prerequisites, the student graduates with a Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
We encourage you to contact our Admissions Chair, Dr. Miriam Corti, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (409) 772-3055, to have your transcripts evaluated in order to determine what prerequisites you have satisfied. We also encourage you to print an admissions checklist to guide you in the application process.
|English Composition and Speech or Writing||9|
|United States History||6|
|United States / Texas State Government||6|
|Biological Sciences 1||8|
|General Microbiology 1||4|
|General Chemistry 1||8|
|Anatomy and Physiology II or Human Physiology 2||3|
|Social / Behavioral Sciences||3|
|Visual or Performing Arts||3|
|Total Prerequisite Credit Hours||60|
- Biology and chemistry science courses must be for science majors and include laboratories.
- Anatomy and Physiology II or Human Physiology will be required to satisfy 3 hours of Physiology
- The mathematics course must be college algebra or higher.
- Students are strongly encouraged to take courses in genetics and statistics to satisfy their elective prerequisites.
- A grade of 'C' or higher is required to satisfy any prerequisite.
Visit the Texas General Education Core Web Center for more information about core curriculum requirements for Texas institutions of higher education.