Ph.D., MASCP, MLS (ASCP)cm SC, FACB
|E-Folio:||click to access|
- CLLS 4090 Topics in Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Ph.D., 1995, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Community and Human Resources
- M.A., 1986, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Adult and Continuing Education / Minor in Pathology
- B.S., 1977, University of Texas at Austin, Medical Technology
- B.A., 1975, University of Texas at Austin, Biochemistry
|Certifications & Licenses:|
- American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS)
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP)
- American Association of Clinical Chemistry (AACC)
- Project Director. (2011-2015). Clinical Laboratory Initiative to Mentor Baccalaureate Students. Department of Labor. $4,947,159.
- Project Director. (2000-2003). Partnerships and Ladders. Health Resources and Services Administration, $242,491.
- Project Director. (1999-2002). Web-Based Education in Clinical Laboratory Sciences. Department of Education, $1,119,968.
- Project Director. (1997-2000). Laboratory Education and Advancement Project. Health Resources and Services Administration, $373,403.
- Project Director. (1997-1998). The Bethesda System: A Computer-Based Training Program. Association of State and Territorial Public Health Laboratory Directors, Inc. $25,850.
- Freeman, VS. (2010). Online Education and Technology. Clinical Laboratory Science. Clinical Laboratory Science. 23 (3):180-181.
- Blau, G, Chapman, S, Doyle, K, Freeman, V, Holladay. (2008). Task Scales Performed and Testing For Scale Differences Between Phlebotomy Technicians, Medical Laboratory Technicians, and Medical Technologists. Journal of Allied Health.37(2): e93-e108.
- Brickell, J, Kanuth, M, Freeman V, Latshaw S, Larson C. (2006). Learning Objects: Resources for Instruction. Clinical Laboratory Science 19(3):184-187.
- Freeman, VS, Holcomb, D, Larson, C. (2005). A Qualitative Assessment of Systematic Instructional Design Training by CLS Faculty Members. Clinical Laboratory Science 18(4):248-53.
- Freeman, VS, Holcomb, D, Brickell J, Chandler K, Muelle. (2004). Faculty Acceptance of Web-based Education. Clinical Laboratory Science 17(2):88-94.
- Freeman, VS, Tijerina, S. (2000). Delivery Methods, Learning Styles And Outcomes For Physician Assistant Students. Physician Assistant 24(7):43-50.
- Martine, C, Freeman, VS. (1999). Combining Technologies to Deliver Distance Education. Educational Technology & Society 2(3).
- Freeman, VS, Fell, LL, Muellenberg, P. (1998). Learning styles and outcomes in clinical laboratory science. Clinical Laboratory Science 11(5):287-290.
- Freeman, VS, Fell, L, Muellenberg, P. (1997). Learning Styles and Outcomes in Clinical Laboratory Sciences. Clinical Laboratory Science 10(4).
- Freeman, VS, Fell, L, Muellenberg, P. (1996). Distance Education Outcomes in Medical Technology. Clinical Laboratory Science 9(6): 332-5.
- Boonyawiroj, EB, Haven, MC, Freeman, VS, et. al. (1996). Allied Health Faculty Attitudes Toward Rural Clinical Practice. Journal of Allied Health 25(3): 263-74.
- Freeman, VS. (1995). Delivery Methods, Learning Styles, and Outcomes for Distance Medical Technology Students. University of Nebraska Press.
- Freeman, VS. (1994). Evaluating the Effectiveness of Computer Assisted Instruction. Clinical Laboratory Science 7(6): 339-41.
- Freeman, VS, Morss, J. (1993). Study Habits and Academic Achievement among Asian Students. College Student Journal 27(3): 352-5.