Assistant Professor of Instruction
Program Director of DCLS program
|E-Folio:||click to access|
- CLLS 4107 Seminar in Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- CLLS 4309 Clinical Laboratory Science Seminar
- CLLS 4328 Methodology Development & Assessment II
- CLLS 5107 Seminar in Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- CLLS 5150 Graduate Seminar in Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- CLLS 5307 Clinical Laboratory Science Seminar
- CLLS 6305 Quality Systems, Patient Safety and Medical Error Prevention
- CLLS 6399 Implementing Diagnostic Management Teams
- Ph.D., 2015, Texas Tech University, Characterizing Interprofessional Education in CLS
- M.S., 2009, University of Houston Clear Lake, Instructional Technology
- B.S., 2003, University of Texas Medical Branch, Clinical Laboratory Science
|Certifications & Licenses:|
- American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS)
- American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- Project Director. (2011-2012). Virtual Medical Laboratories in Second Life, Academy of Master Teachers.
- Project Director. (2016-2018). Establishment of a Guided Career Pathway in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Award: $399,908
- Salazar, J. (2014). Overview of Urea and Creatinine.. Lab Medicine.45(1): 19-20: 2014.
- Salazar, J. (2010). Staying Connected: Online Education Engagement and Retention using Educational Technology Tools. Clinical Laboratory Science.23 (3):53-58.
- Prow, T, Smith, J, Grebe, R, Salazar, J. (2006). Construction, gene delivery, and expression of DNA tethered nanoparticles.. Molecular vision 12:606-15.
- Prow, T, Salazar, J, Rose, W. (2004). Nanomedicine: nanoparticles, molecular biosensors, and targeted gene/drug delivery for combined single-cell diagnostics and therapeutics. SPIE--The International Society for Optical Engineering 5318, 1.