Welcome to WebCLS! Clinical Laboratory Sciences
Web Clinical laboratory Sciences (WebCLS) is an educational opportunity for individuals to continue their education through online learning. The program is sponsored by the University of Texas Medical Branch /School of Health Professions/ Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences and is accredited by NAACLS*.
WebCLS offers three online clinical laboratory science programs of study:
- Bachelor of Science degree program for MLT's to advance to MLS Certification
- Master's of Science degree programs for individuals who hold MLS certification
- Continuing Education for any Medical Laboratory Professional approved for PACE credit**.
- on-line interactive course laboratories using video and animation
- interactive discussion and chat sessions
- on-line testing and evaluation
- comprehensive on-line review materials
- virtual practice laboratory
The courses are all web-based and include:
The goal for the WebCLS programs is to provide a career ladder for medical laboratory personnel.
WebCLS Is the answer you have been looking for!!!
WebCLS also offers resources for course development through the Learning Objects Repository. Our repository houses resources for CLS, nursing and veterinary science but may be used by all health care educators. These resources can be found under the Learning Objects Repository link.
* National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) http://naacls.org/ 5600 N. River Rd, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119
**American Society for CLS P.A.C.E.® credit
This project is sponsored in part by the Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE), U.S. Department of Education.