Application Deadline: Two (2) weeks prior to the start of every semester.
To be considered for the Master of Science in Health Professions, applicants must present official documentation of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree
3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Score must be from within the last five (5) years
Score of 550 (if English is a second language)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Essay
300 - 500 word essay describing professional goals and how the degree will accomplish these goals
Items Needed Before Enrollment
- Compliance Training (to be completed within 30 days of enrollment)
- Background Check
- Immunization Records (if applicable)
- Visit the UTMB Online Application and choose either new applicant or returning applicant.
- New applicants should create an online account. Returning applicants should login and complete the application.
- Make sure to check the "School of Health Professions" box and choose the correct semester in which you wish to apply.
- Once the application is completed, we will review the application and notify you via email whether or not you have been accepted into the program.
- If accepted, you will need to log in to MyStar and accept the position of your desired program.
- Once you have accepted your position, you will be sent a link to follow for a checklist of items to complete before beginning classes. The checklist includes how to turn in transcripts, complete background checks, update immunizations, complete online orientation, and other important information that you may need before the start of classes. This checklist can also be found on the “Newly Admitted Students” page of the School of Health Professions website.