Application Deadline: Thirty days prior to the start of every semester.
- Spring – December 1
- Summer – April 1
- Fall – August 1
To be considered for the Master of Science in Health Professions, applicants must present official documentation of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree
3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Score of 550 (if English is a second language)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Essay
300 - 500 word essay describing professional goals and how the degree will accomplish these goals
- Visit the UTMB Online Application and choose either new applicant or returning applicant.
- New applicants should create an online account. Returning applicants should login and complete the application
- Program information page on the UTMB application, make note to select the following
- Semester you wish to enroll: Entry Period (Year) and Term (Fall, Summer or Spring)
- School of Anticipated Enrollment: School of Health Professions
- Program: Master of Science in Health Professions
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to request to have their transcripts sent electronically to UTMB whenever possible. This greatly expedites processing and improves the accuracy of transcript evaluation. The accepted standard for this process in Texas goes by the name SPEEDE
- Once the application has been completed, all applicants will be notified via email when their applications have been reviewed and when the admissions decision has been made. Please allow several weeks for processing
If accepted into the program, students will receive a formal offer of admission letter with instructions on how to accept the position into the program. The offer of admission provides incoming students links to checklists that serve as guides to the matriculation process (to enroll as a new student). This checklist can also be found on the New Students page of the School of Health Professions website.
The offer of admission is contingent on the receipt of a clear background check and clear drug screen.