Healthcare Managers and Educators
- Plan, direct, and coordinate medical and health services.
- Teach in health academic institutions and universities.
Job opportunities can be found in
- Healthcare training
- Risk management processing
- Compliance or institutional effectiveness oversight
- Healthcare research
- Clinical trials coordination
- University admissions
- Higher education teaching
Employment of medical and health services managers and executives is projected to grow 20 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, there should be increased demand for healthcare services.
These managers and executives support healthcare practitioners, whose occupations are projected to grow 18 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 2.4 million new jobs. Healthcare occupations are projected to add more jobs than any of the other occupational groups. This projected growth is mainly due to an aging population, leading to greater demand for healthcare services.