Mansoo Ko, PhD
Curriculum Vitae ResearchGate
301 University Blvd.
Galveston, TX 77555-1144
Teaching Areas of Interest
Human Anatomy, Surface Anatomy, and Movement Science
Mansoo Ko, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy in the School of Health Professions (SHP) at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB). Dr. Ko received his Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from Daegu University and his Doctorate in Philosophy in Rehabilitation Science from the University of Florida.
He was a faculty member of the University of Texas El Paso from 2006 - 2008 and the Angelo State University from 2008 - 2016. Dr. Ko joined the University of Texas Medical Branch in May 2016.
- YH Bae, M Ko, S Lee. Comparison of joint angles and electromyographic activity of the lower extremities during standing with wearing standard and revised high heeled shoes: A pilot study. Technol Health Care. 2016 Apr 29; 24 Supple2:S521-6. doi: 10.3233/THC-161177.
- YJ Hung, P Vercher, M Ko. The Effectiveness of Incorporating a Play-Based Intervention to Improve Functional Mobility for a Child with Relapsed Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: a Case Report. Physiotherapy Research International (SCOPUS). 2016 Feb 19. DOI: 10.1002/pri.1663.
- HM Park, JS Kim, JH, Hong, JH Yu, MS Ko, DYLee. A Comparative Study on Erector-Spinaes Muscle Thickness According to Low Back Pain. Indian Journal of Science and Technology (SCOPUS), 8(25), DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i25/80763, October 2015.
- YH Bae, M Ko, S Lee. The influence of revised high-heeled shoes on foot pressure and center of pressure during standing in young women. Journal of Physical Therapy Science (SCIE), 27: 3745-3747, 2015.
- YH Bae, M Ko, Y Park, S Lee. Effect of revised high-heeled shoes on foot pressure and static balance during standing. Journal of Physical Therapy Science (SCIE), 27: 1129–1131, 2015.
Note: A complete list of all publications can be found on the abbreviated CV.