Application Deadline: July 1
To be considered for admission to the Respiratory Care program, applicants must present official documentation of the following student competencies:
- Minimum: 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Preferred: 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
49 credit hours of specified prerequisites from an accredited college or university
- Bridge Applicants
Must present their NBRC Registry Credential
Total Credit Hours: 49
Download: Prerequisite Self Evaluation (.docx)
These are the prerequisites required of both AS to BSRC Program and Foundation Program applicants:
|General Chemistry with Lab
Recommended substituting Health Professions Sequence
|Human Anatomy and Physiology with Lab||4|
|Humanities or Literature*||6|
|Microbiology with Lab||4|
|United States Government
Must include Texas Constitution
|United States History
May include Texas History
|Visual & Performing Arts***||3|
For equivalency info, visit the Texas General Education Core Web Center http://statecore.its.txstate.edu/.
- * Texas State Mandated Humanities Requirement: (3) Humanities include: literature, philosophy, modern or classical language/literature and cultural studies. Humanities application of language skills includes a study of literature in the original language, and/or the cultural studies related to a modern or classical language. For equivalency information, visit the Texas General Education Core Web Center: http://statecore.its.txstate.edu/.
- ** The TX Core Curricular Description says that Social or Behavioral Sciences include courses with prefixes ANTH, ECON, CRIJ, GROG, PSYC, SOCI, SOCW.
- *** Visual & Performing Arts may include Arts, Dance, Applied Music, Music Ensemble, Music, and Drama.
Please note the Texas Legislature enacted a "six course withdrawals" limit effective Fall 2007. For more information, see Senate Bill 1231 Drop Policy: www.legis.state.tx.us.
- Visit the UTMB Online Application and choose either new applicant or returning applicant.
- New applicants should create an online account. Returning applicants should login and complete the application.
- Make sure to check the "School of Health Professions" box and choose the correct semester in which you wish to apply.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to request to have their transcripts sent electronically to UTMB whenever possible. This greatly expedites processing and improves the accuracy of transcript evaluation. The accepted standard for this process in Texas goes by the name SPEEDE.
- Once the application is completed, we will review the application and notify you via email whether or not you have been accepted into the program.
- If accepted, you will need to log in to MyStar and accept the position of your desired program.