There are several compelling reasons to support The School of Health Professions Annual Appeal for Student Scholarships campaign.
- Alleviates anxiety for students over looming debt
- Promotes self-respect and confidence as it recognizes individual academic
- Allows students to focus on class attendance and studies, clinical field
rotations, community outreach and service-learning programs
- Strengthens our ability to recruit and retain outstanding students from all age groups and various cultural backgrounds
- Advances the academic learning environment at the School of Health Professions while enhancing the UTMB Health mission of educational excellence
Did You Know?
- The majority of Health Professions students are in their mid-20's and many are supporting families while they attend school
- Students receiving any income from outside jobs while trying to concentrate on rigorous curriculum demands are only eligible for limited financial aid and scholarship support
- 95% of our students receive job offers in their respective fields before they graduate
- Over 90% practice in Texas after they graduate
- There is a severe shortage of working health professionals nation wide.
Learn more about Investing in our Future
Areas of Giving:
|Scholarships reflect our commitment to prepare tomorrow's health care workforce. By reinforcing the value of hard work and success, these awards are an example toward which each of our students can strive.
- Friend: $1 - $499
- Associate: $500 - $999
- Sponsor: $1,000 +
- Annual Scholarship: $1,000
- Endowed Scholarship Levels:
- School: $10,000
- Presidential Scholarship: $50,000
- Legacy Scholarship: $100,000
Greatest Needs Funding Opportunities: aids areas the Dean has identified as needing immediate attention.
*Naming Opportunities Available - May be paid out over a 5-year period.
All gifts are 100% tax deductible!
Why Give to
the School of Health Professions?
Contributions to the School of Health
Professions are used to meet the greatest needs, where they will make the biggest impact, thereby strengthening every area of the school. Current state funding comprises only a portion of the University's annual budget - financial support from alumni and friends plays a critical role in maintaining excellent academic programs.
Targeted gifts can increase student scholarships, create endowed chairs in specific disciplines, improve facilities, and accomplish many other goals that are in line with the school priorities and your personal interests. Matching funds may be available to quickly increase the support of such an endowment.
With its $50 million goal, Innovations in Mind envisions a dynamic future for health care. We invite you to join us!
Would you like to speak with someone to find out more information regarding scholarships, endowments, memorials, and other gifts to the School of Health Professions?
School of Health Professions
Office of Dean