Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
Next Application Cycle: Dec 2022 - Feb 2023 for the class entering the program in Fall 2023
The UTMB MS/DI combined program is specifically for those seeking eligibility to sit for the Registration Examination for Dietitians and become credentialed as a Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN).
For more information about our program, view our pre-recorded Virtual Open House.
- UTMB MS/DI applicants must successfully complete a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) leading to a bachelor's degree at an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited program. Alternatively, applicants may have
earned a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in an unrelated field and completed post-baccalaureate didactic coursework in dietetics from an accredited college or university. Applicants who successfully match to our program are required to provide official transcripts as proof of graduation and an original official DPD verification statement signed by their DPD program director at orientation
- Applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 to be considered.
- The Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is not required for application or admission to the program. Applicants with an overall GPA between 3.0 and 3.3 may provide GRE scores to make their applications similarly competitive with those
with a higher GPA. The code to send GRE scores to UTMB is 6887.
- Note: If your overall GPA is over 3.3, please do not submit your GRE scores as they will not be considered in our deliberations.
- The UTMB MS/DI combined program participates in the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) computer-based matching process through D&D Digital. Applicants must submit a completed DICAS and D&D Digital Computer Matching application by February 15, 2023.
- Applicants must complete a UTMB School of Health Professions application by February 15, 2023.
- The admissions committee reviews all of the applications and determines if the applicant should move to the next stage of the process, which is a live video interview.
- The video interview with our admissions committee, typically using Zoom, is a requirement for consideration. Interviews last approximately 10 - 15 minutes and all applicants are asked the same questions. The committee will contact you via email from
the MS/DI program director and applicants should regularly check their university email junk/spam folders during the month of March. Once the virtual interview is concluded, the applicant's contribution to the selection process is complete and
no further communications from the admissions committee will occur. The MS/DI program director may contact the applicant if necessary.
- On Sunday April 2, 2023 at 6:00 pm CST, the D&D Digital Internship Matching process will be executed. Programs and applicants will be notified of the results.
After Matching To Our Program
- After successfully matching to the program, send an email to the Program Director to accept the match.
- At the MS/DI program New Student Orientation, students will be required to submit the following:
- Verification statement from an ACEND accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD). *
- Proof of current health insurance
- Evidence of immunizations required by UTMB Student Health.
- Successful completion of the UTMB-required drug screening and background check through CastleBranch.
- Review and complete items included in the SHP newly admitted student checklist and the
UTMB general new student checklist.
* Note: Students must provide proof of a Bachelor's degree from an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited program. Prospective students may have earned a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in an
unrelated field but completed post-baccalaureate didactic coursework in dietetics from an accredited college or university.