School of Health Professions
SHP Open House
Working together to work wonders by educating tomorrow’s healers through groundbreaking research and excellent patient care.
Navigate Through Your Educational Pathway
We invite you to join us and learn more about the academic programs available at the School of Health Professions during an Open House session. Our faculty and staff will be available to answer your questions related to you as a prospective student.
Discussion topics include:
- Prerequisite Advisement
- Application for Admission Process
- Interview Dates
- Degree Tracks
- Health Professions as they relate to health care delivery and career development
- Campus Tour (weather permitting)
Confirmation / Day of Instructions
Unfortunately, email services have made their spam filters more stringent and these tougher guidelines can cause legitimate emails to be mistaken as spam or block them all together. Therefore, we do not send email confirmations. You should have received a screen confirmation when you submitted your RSVP. For more specific day of information, please download and print the confirmation letter below.
Download & Print: Confirmation Letter
Parking and Arrival Info
Public Garage #2 - 1011 Harborside Drive, Galveston, Texas 77550
Parking cost is the responsibility of attendees. The parking fee in this garage is $1.75 per hour, with a maximum charge of $14 per day.
Visit: UTMB Public Parking website
School of Health Professions Building
1114 Mechanic Street
Galveston, Texas 77555
To locate our building, please use the UTMB printable campus map (pdf). The School of Health Professions is identified as Building 57.
- Take I-45 South which becomes Broadway when you arrive in Galveston.
- Continue to travel Broadway turning left at the light at 14th Street.
- Proceed on 14th Street to Harborside Drive and turn right.
- A few blocks on the right will be the public parking structure (Building P 2).
- After parking, exit the garage and walk one block towards Building 17
- At this intersection (11th Street and Harborside), take a left and walk one block.
- Our building is across the street on the right.
View: UTMB Campus Map for specific building/structure locations
Note: We do have quite of bit of construction in progress so please excuse our detours while we build the future road ahead!
Before You Attend
- Open House Details (PDF)
For more info, contact
Student Recruitment & Event Coordinator
SHP Academic & Student Affairs
University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Boulevard
Galveston, TX 77555-1136