UTMB's School of Health Professions is now offering a distance learning Master's of Science degree for bachelor's level Physician Assistants and Respiratory Therapists. This degree will offer advancement opportunities in education, management, advanced clinical practice and research.
This program is a Master of Science degree with a total of 35 credit hours of coursework that includes 15 credit hours of core curriculum and 20 credit hours of guided practicum. The guided practicum is composed of applied practice, divided into four courses of five credits each. Each practicum includes detailed objectives with specific reading assignments that provide relevant content and form a basis for the practical experience. The program will enable credentialed practitioners to obtain a rigorous graduate education that will complement their previous training and provide for career advancement. The program consists of two alternative tracks: Education and Management.
To be considered for the Master of Science in Health Professions, applicants must present official documentation of the following:
- Score on the Graduate Record Examination. GRE scores are valid for 5 years from date taken. UTMB's GRE code is 6887.
- TOEFL score of 550 (if English is a second language).
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA, on a 4.0 scale.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from a practicing professional in your field.
- Physician Assistant: Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited PA program and a current PA license.
- Respiratory Therapist: Baccalaureate degree in any field and and RRT credentials.
Physician Assistant Studies
Department of Respiratory Care