Bachelor of Science (BS) to Doctorate of Occupational Therapy (OTD) Post-Professional Program
Application Opens: February 1
Program Application Deadline: June 1
To be considered for admission to the BS to OTD Post-Professional OTD program, applicants must present official documentation of the following student competencies:
- Complete and submit your UTMB application, $50.00 non-refundable application fee, and a letter of application. Note: Your application will be considered incomplete if there is missing information by the published deadlines, and will not be processed because of the volume of applications received.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended sent directly to UTMB Enrollment Services
- Once application is received, applicants will be given a UTMB ID number for access to MyStar.
- The UTMB Department of Occupational Therapy will notify all applicants via email when their applications have been received and when the admissions decision has been made. Please allow several weeks for processing.
- Top candidates will be invited for an interview with the Admissions Committee at the UTMB campus or by telephone/skype interview in July.
- If you have not received correspondence by July 1, please contact us 409-772-3062 or email PPOTD.Admissions@utmb.edu to inquire about the status of your application.
The online Bachelor of Science (BS) to Doctorate of Occupational Therapy (OTD) Post-Professional program is 40-credit hours and is designed to be taken part-time over 2 years (6 semesters) plus one (1) preparatory semester. Students are required to visit campus twice during the course of the program. This provides an opportunity to achieve higher-level professional education while maintaining employment.
Note: scroll left to view full table on mobile devices.
|Fall I||OCCT 5351||Basic Research Methodology||3|
|Fall I||OCCT 5352||Professional Development||3|
|Spring I||OCCT 6350||Evidence-Based Practice||3|
|Spring I||OCCT 6354||Theory for Practice||3|
|Spring I||OCCT 6149||Capstone I||1|
|Summer I||OCCT 6256||Leadership||2|
|Summer I||OCCT 6351||Research Methodology for Practice||3|
|Summer I||OCCT 6151||Capstone II||1|
|Fall II||OCCT 6355||Program Development||3|
|Fall II||OCCT 6253||Outcomes Measures for Practice||2|
|Spring II||OCCT 6249||Capstone III||2|
|Spring II||OCCT 6357||Healthcare Policy and Ethics||3|
|Summer II||OCCT 6358||Education Theory in Academics and Clinical Practice||3|
|Summer II||OCCT 6359||Health Promotion and Wellness||3|
|Summer II||OCCT 6360||Contemporary Practice with Children||3|
|Summer II||OCCT 6361||Contemporary Practice with Adults||3|
|Fall III||OCCT 6356||Current Issues and Trends in Occupational Therapy||3|
|Fall III||OCCT 6251||Capstone IV||2|
Total Degree Plan Credits: 40 credits
Note: Summer II Courses - Students will need to choose two (2) of the following elective courses
- OCCT 6358 - Education Theory in Academics and Clinical Practice
- OCCT 6359 - Health Promotion and Wellness
- OCCT 6360 - Contemporary Practice with Children
- OCCT 6361 - Contemporary Practice with Adults