2022 Commencement Live Stream
The ceremony was live-streamed at 10:00 am on Friday, August 19 and is available below for those unable to view the ceremony at the scheduled time.
SHP Class of 2023 Commencement
Friday, August 18, 2023
Moody Gardens Convention Center, Expo B&C (Off Campus)
Seven Hope Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77554
Congratulations to the Class of 2023!
Guests may attend at this time. Masks and social distancing will be highly encouraged. The ceremony will be broadcast live for more family and friends to watch online and celebrate our graduates’ achievements virtually.
Note: Guest attendance is subject to change based on public-health considerations related to COVID-19 precautions and guidelines. Please continue to visit this site often for updated information.Graduate Information
Schedule for 2023 Commencement Day
- 8:30 - 8:45 am Graduates report to Moody Gardens Convention Center, Expo A
- 9:00 am ADA Guest Admittance, Expo C entrance
- 9:15 am Doors Open to General Seating, Expo B entrance
- 10:00 am Commencement ceremony begins, Expo B&C
- 10:00 am Commencement Live Stream (see details below)
- 12:00 pm Ceremony ends (estimated)
Event Day Parking
Parking is available in the Moody Gardens Convention Center Parking Garage and surrounding lots as directed. Follow the directional signs upon entering the Moody Gardens property complex to the Convention Center Parking Garage.
Download & Print: Moody Gardens Parking Map
Arrival and Seating
Tickets are not required for guests and seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Doors will open to general seating at 9:15 am. Saved seats will be released 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the procession and will be enforced by UTMB Police,
security and ushers. Doors will close if maximum capacity is reached. This decision is made by the Fire Marshall.
A room block for overnight accommodations for families and guests is available at the Moody Gardens Hotel and Conference Center. Please reserve your room by contacting
the reservations department below and specify you are with the UTMB School of Health Professions Commencement.
- Rates - $185 (ask for UTMB School of Health Professions Commencement rate)
- Reservations - Must be made by July 20, 2023
- Location - One Hope Boulevard; Galveston, Texas 77554
- Phone - 409-741-8484
- Toll Free - 888-388-8484
ADA Accommodations - Persons with Disabilities
UTMB's School of Health Professions (SHP) strives to ensure that all graduates and guests can participate fully in this program. Therefore, any graduates, family members or guests, who require ADA accommodations, are welcome. Graduates and/or family members
are encouraged to submit ADA related accommodations at least 2 weeks prior to the commencement ceremony date.
ADA related accommodations are inclusive of but not limited to the following:
- Wheelchair and/or Motorized Scooter space/or seating
- Walkers/Canes seating
- Sign language interpretation
- Other accommodations, as requested
Advanced arrangements must be made to confirm early admittance.
- One family member is permitted to sit with each person requiring seating for mobility-impaired. Other family members and friends may sit in the general assembly in the surrounding areas.
- We will make every effort to accommodate parents and guests without advance accessible seating requests on the day of Commencement, however accessible seating is limited, and advanced planning is highly recommended.
Wheelchairs and other mobility devices
UTMB does not provide mobility devices to individual guests or employees specifically for commencement. If you do not have a personal mobility device that you can bring with you, you may rent one. Local wheelchair rental agencies include:
- Moody Gardens - Wheelchair rentals are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Coastal Medical - 2902 Avenue R ½, Galveston, TX 77550; 409-621-1167
Submit accommodation requests to: Michelle Conley at email@example.com.
When you email your request, please include the name of the guest who needs the ADA related accommodation, the specific accommodation need (i.e.: wheelchair seating, walker seating, sign language interpretation etc.) and the guest name of who will accompany
them. We cannot guarantee specific location requests.
Other Important Information
2022 Commencement Photography
UTMB Photography will be capturing your commencement photos. Every student will be photographed as they receive their diploma as well as a second “portrait” taken as they depart the stage. All proofs will be available online at PartyPics.com a few days after the ceremony by using the following password: shp2022
Balfour Class Ring Ordering Site
Commemorate your time at UTMB and celebrate your new Alumni status by ordering your class ring through the Balfour website.
Flower Orders & Diploma Frames
Flower bouquets will be available for sale on the day of graduation day. Please find the flower booth outside the entrance to the Moody Gardens Convention Center.
Share the excitement, the tears, the joy and your favorite commencement moments! Post to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using this hashtag to share your unique commencement experience: #UTMBgrad
Future Commencement Dates
- Friday, August 16, 2024
- Friday, August 22, 2025
Previous Commencement Ceremonies
2022 Virtual Commencement
2021 Virtual Commencement
2020 Virtual Commencement
Resources to purchase a Commencement video and download the Order of Program can be found on each respective Commencement web page.