Over the years, the School of Health Professions developed a reputation for helping the university focus on its five core values: education, innovation, service, community, and diversity.
- Health profession's education should focus on competency and compassion, and that it should represent a partnership between the school and the students we serve.
- Innovation is the hallmark of a great institution. We're always looking for new ways to make things better.
- Service is an attitude that characterizes professional people. Professionals always put the needs of others before their own.
- The campus community is part of a larger community, with whom we must partner if we are to be effective. Our educational programs emphasize community-based learning and practice.
- The demographic characteristics of the healthcare workforce should mirror the population. Our school has been among the leaders in fostering diversity in our student body and in our faculty and support staff.