With the rapid escalation of the COVID-19 in our region and for the health and safety of all, the UTMB School of Health Professions decided to go virtual in 2020.
The SHP Causeway FunD Run/Walk (5K) event is now a virtual race where you can walk, jog, run your 5K or 1K anywhere, anytime! Complete and submit your results from July 23rd to July 28th and support UTMB's School of Health Professions student scholarships.
If you signed up for our original road race originally scheduled in March 2020, your registration has been transferred to our virtual event on RunSignUp. You can login and create a profile using the same email you registered with previously at https://runsignup.com/Race/TX/Galveston/VirtualCausewayFunDRun
Registration for the Virtual SHP Causeway FunD Run/Walk is now open to anyone who wants to join in on the fun! Registration deadline is July 25, 2020 at 11:59PM CST.
The Virtual Race package includes:
- Race T-Shirt: commemorative shirt and fabric grocery tote (race bag)
- T-shirts can be picked up in a drive-by process the week of July 20th, more info to follow.
- Commemorative Race Ribbon
- Virtual Race Bib: available for download on RunSignUp. Print off your race bib and wear it proudly!
- Digital Finisher's Certificate: Receive a digital finisher's certificate upon submitting your results. Print out to display or share it with your friends!
- Facebook Frame: Share with your friends, family and community while practicing social distancing by posting pictures of your virtual run! Check out our Facebook event page and invite your friends to join in. (Frame Coming soon)
Upload your virtual race results: Complete and submit your run from July 23rd to July 28th by tracking your run with your Garmin/Strava/Fitbit/MapMyRun or activity tracker of choice. Submit your time and distance on Run Sign Up (How To) and check out the leader board as your friends complete their run! Upload at: https://runsignup.com/Race/TX/Galveston/VirtualCausewayFunDRun
Post your virtual race photos to the Facebook event page, tag us and use the hashtag #SHPCausewayVirtual5K
SHP encourages registrants to participate with members of your immediate household. If your household is large follow the most recent local health department and CDC guidelines on group activities outside your household. Be creative and have fun and keep your social distance from all other people outside your household.