Chih-Ying (Cynthia) Li, PhD, OTR
Curriculum Vitae Influuent Research Profile Google Scholar ResearchGate
301 University Blvd.
Galveston, TX 77555-1142
Teaching Areas of Interest
Therapeutic Use of Self and Groups, Evidence-Based Practice
Health Services Research, Functional Outcome Measurements, Post-Acute Care, Longitudinal Aging Studies
Chih-Ying (Cynthia) Li, PhD, OTR is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Occupational Therapy in the School of Health Professions. She conducts health services research with a focus on post-acute care, hospital readmission and functional outcome measurements in rehabilitation. She is also currently a core faculty of the UTMB Center for Recovery, Physical Activity and Nutrition (CeRPAN).
Grants & Funding
- P30-AG0248322017 - 2018
- Source: UTMB Claude Pepper Older Americans Independence Center
- Study: Functional Trajectory and Successful Community Discharge in Older Adults.
- Objective:The goal of this study is to identify functional status change, post-acute care trajectories and how those two factors related to 90-day readmission and successful community discharge for Medicare beneficiaries.
- Role: Principal Investigator
- R01 MD0103552016 - 2019
- Study: Long-term Health Outcomes in Mexican American Older Adults
- Source: National Institute on Aging, NIH
- Objective: The goal of this aging study is to examine risk and protective factors influencing long-term outcomes in Mexican American older adults.
- P2C HD0657022016 - 2020
- Study: Center for Large Data Research and Data Sharing in Rehabilitation (Renewal of R24HD065702, 2010-15)
- Source: National Center for Medical Rehabilitation Research (NICHD), NIH
- Objective: The goal of this project is to advertise the center of large data research and data sharing in rehabilitation research.
- Li, C. Y., Karmarkar, A. M., Adhikari, D., Ottenbacher, K. J., & Kuo, Y. F. (2018). Effects of Age and Sex on Hospital Readmission in Traumatic Brain Injury. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. DOI: 10.1016/j.apmr.2017.12.006.
- Li, C. Y., Karmarkar, A. M., Lin, Y. L., Kuo, Y. F., Ottenbacher, K. J., & Graham, J. E. (2018). Is Profit Status of Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities Independently Associated with 30-day Unplanned Hospital Readmission for Medicare Beneficiaries? Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. DOI: 10.1016/j.apmr.2017.09.002.
- Li, C.Y., Velozo, C., Hong, I., Newman, J., Li, C., & Krause, J. S. (2017) Generating Rasch-Based Activity of Daily Living Measures from the Spinal Cord Injury Longitudinal Aging Study. Spinal Cord. 1â€“8. doi:10.1038/sc.2017.99.
- Li, C. Y., Romero, R., Simpson, K., Simpson, A., Bonilha, H., Hong, I., & Velozo, C. (2017). Linking Existing Instruments to Develop A Continuum of Care Measure: Accuracy Comparison using Functional Related Group Classification. Journal of Quality of Life Research. DOI: 10.1007/s11136-017-1598-1.
- Li, C. Y., Romero, R., Bonilha, H., Simpson, K., Simpson, A., Hong, I., & Velozo, C. (2016). Linking Existing Instruments to Develop an Activity of Daily Living Item Bank. Evaluation & the Health Professions. 1-19. DOI: 10.1177/0163278716676873.
Note: A complete list of all publications can be found on the abbreviated CV.